Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Thursday 25 May 2017

Paris - In a Limited Edition!

Dear You, 

maybe I told you - and maybe not, because I am a cautious woman - that in a time not that far away I will go to Paris.
So I was very happy to find in a Berlin drugstore a "Limited Edition" of -

LAVATORY PAPER! 
Extra dedicated to PARIS! 


Oh là là! 
But was my utterance correct? Am I prepared? 
In genuine concern the loo paper roll asks me, again and again:"Parlez-vous Francais?"  


"Mais oui, mon chéri; bien sur, mon chéri; come tu veux, mon chéri!" 
This last sample of my perfect French is a quote of my friend Christine, who told me of a Lady - I anonymise the nationality intentiously, but it starts with an "R" - who desperately wanted to marry a rich Frenchman.
And she found one.
And the three sentences above are all she ever utters - and, SISTERS: there are quite a lot of men - and not only in France -  (dear male readers excepted, of course)-  who agree instantly that this is all French or whatsoever you need to know!











8 comments:

  1. I think that probably works in most languages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend Ann, who is solidly German, but banished, to be raised in a Swiss convent by an uber conservative father, would have her head on the counter, laughing and using a few tissue squares to mop her face. The actual roll would be enshrined on the glass shelf in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, Joanne! (Think of buying a Victorian glas cover :-)

      Delete
  3. Dear Brigitta, I am surprised that more art and literature have not been published on loo paper. "Parlez-vous Francais?" is an excellent choice but it would be hard to compete with the more affectionate text --"Yes, darling, of course, darling, come on, darling!" You have given me a laugh when I needed one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you laughed, dear Geo.! And I love your idea of "Poems at the Loo" - "Poems on the Bus" we have already... :-)

      Delete
  4. I think you'll knock 'em dead in Paris. I look forward to your reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan - I will write when I am there! (Or when I'm back)

      Delete