Once my dear friend Christine who has a fund of hilarious postcards sent me this one: Title: "Most beautiful it is at Home".
If you look intensively at the picture you see the joke - who but Kings have a home like that?
Well - when I moved to Bavaria last year end of of November (heavily exhausted by packing 124 removal chests and moving from a very big flat to a small) - and lets face it: not so pretty one, the only solace was the really stunning view (but the land"lord" didn't invest a penny into the flat - being too busy to up the rent, not only once).
Well, I sat on my sofa and thought: In this village it is almost impossible to find a new flat. And: I have the knack to turn something um... into something better.
And the feeling of not having to move again is wonderful...though...mumble, mumble.
To cut a long story short: surprisingly the landlord's daughter is very pregnant. "Relative move-in". I acted first and three month ago gave notice to quit. Because - and that is really great good luck: only three houses further I found another, bigger flat. With two huge balconies - and also a breathtaking view.
My sweet grandchildren can walk the same way to visit me!
So: on Monday I move. Again...

Packing up and moving always involves a lot of work, but it will be well worth while. The two huge balconies and a breathtaking view will provide pleasure for ever!
ReplyDeleteDear Helen, thank you! At the moment - one day before moving, -I am happy about every word of comfort. And yes: I will not moan but count my blessings. (And hope to find a quick access to the Internet there :-)
DeleteI don't envy you the action of moving. However once the move is finished it is often what you have will make you happier. And your grandchildren being able to visit is a huge plus.
ReplyDeleteDear Mimmylynn, thank you! It is true: I found some things I had forgotten that I own them! And that my new home is so near is a blessing - the next village where I might have found a flat is far away, and the children are still too small. to walk there alone
Delete