Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Tuesday 11 April 2023

The exhibition "Flowers Forever" in Munich swept me from my feet (almost literally)

 


 One week after Bremen I went to Munich - which, being already in Bavaria, takes me only two hours by train. 

I love Munich so much - and thus I went, because I just had decided to be more wild and spontaneous - and therefore the Gods rewarded me royally: 

On an advertising pillar I discovered the poster for the exhibition "Flowers Forever" - and whisper "Flowers!" into my ear and you will see me flourish even after a long strenuous day! 

I rushed over the Viktualien Markt, crossed the place in front of the Rathaus and "Woosh" - flashed into the exhibition. 

I walked through it as if I was in another world - so happy, so glad. I took so many photographs that I could feed you with them till Christmas - every day from now on. 

So many exhibits enchanted or fascinated me. 

Some were overwhelmingly luxurious, some brilliantly crafted, and some made all your senses jubilate. 

And some were a surprise. As the following one: 

When I entered a room I thought that I saw a collection of flower drawings - but no, it was something very different: 


And now, dear reader, I hope that you are so curious --- that I can lure you (look at the first photo of this post) at least once to my flower-bloghttps://blumenundgarten.blogspot.com/ 



4 comments:

  1. An inspired idea! I wish I had thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Emma, I thought it a very interesting idea.
      Yet: the makers of the exhibition didn't explain which plants are represented. There was only a headline by Walid Raad: "Better Be Watching the Clouds (Again)" 1992 and "Parts of the project: The Atlas Group" 1989 - 2004
      - I can't make much of that.

      Delete
  2. You know, I am ashamed to say that I have never been to Munich - or at least not properly. One day I will travel via Germany to Switzerland and then on to France rather than dashing down the motorway to Geneva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mark, yes, by all means: have a look at Munich! Especially if you have the chance to pop in on your way to Italy. Though there might be a lot of tourists in summer...

      Delete