Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Friday 16 December 2016

Thank you, Geo. and Tom!


©Brigitta Huegel

All of a sudden my blogs are there again - I don't know what happened - those quaint signs from Google were not helpful at all - and to think of the time and energy we put into it... good grief...
"With a little help from my friends" - "We can work it out!"
Thank you so much!
(And my old translation was better than the one I started desperately this morning - that will teach me to make copies...)





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful news. There are times I want to pick up my laptop and throw it through the window because of things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Emma, I am so glad too! And yes: I know that feeling when one wants to throw the laptop at the wall - as the Princess in the fairy tale "The Frog King" - hoping that a Prince - or at least a functioning Google - will come out of that action :-)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I am totally confused by blogger. For several months the lettering on my header kept jumping around and changing its typeface. I designed a new header and was going to get my son to add it for me when all of a sudden everything suddenly and unexpectedly returned back to normal again - Google gremlins in the works I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gremlins, Rosemary, I should have thought of - but couldn't because I was feeling like Rumpelstiltskin myself :-)
      We tend to see only the perfect results of work, as your enticing blog with those lovely photographs!

      Delete
  3. Very good news! So glad your blog has reappeared. I just now visited it and was rewarded by your well-crafted translations instead of a blank page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Geo., and I will try to protect it better, by taking copies - in paper - don't trust all those "clouds".

      Delete
  4. My work here is done. Your son's is not though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hopefully it is all fixed.
      My son will lend me his ear, and I am grateful for that. He - and my DiL - are the persons who can deeply reassure me (and did it in the last year) - but as I say: the help of friends is very valuable too! Thank you.

      Delete