Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Monday 10 September 2012

Happy Birthday, Mr. Karl Lagerfeld!

Britta Huegel

Dear YOU, 
“Youthfulness is about how you live, not when you were born.”
He has said some very witty things, the maestro - and some quite insolent ones (e.g. Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.” - though I think he is right - in a given situation...). 
Did you know that today is Karl Lagerfeld's birthday? As every wise woman he doesn't tell us the year of his birth - some say 1933, others 1938. It doesn't matter, because he is young - and here is one of his secrets to stay so: 
People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence.” 
Right! 
What you see above is a little bag that a Lady with Style can carry around for her refreshment. (You know it by now: I couldn't resist!So becoming with a little black dress! 

Britta Huegel

When you open it, you have the exact quantity of a beverage for a walk in the park.  And the best: it's 

Britta Huegel


                                                                                              COOL! 

I will end my letter to you with another of his quotes: 

“I'm very down to Earth, I'm just not from this Earth.”  You are right, Karl, you are an angel - and your fashion is heavenly too! Thank you! 

Your aff. 

Britta 

13 comments:

  1. Hello Britta:
    Karl Lagerfeld...yes, absolutely, wonderful, original, creative, unique, confident, devastatingly spot on. Coca Cola.....oh dear no, no, no, no!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane and Lance,
    I was convinced that you love him! As to Coca Cola - even "light" - it wouldn't touch my lips - see: the bottle is still closed... But: the bag is perfect for a very tiny bottle of champagne. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh--that's adorable. And a very clever idea. For the woman, no doubt, who has everything. ;)

    Britta - I love your new space. You're off to a wonderful start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jayne,
    I'm glad to see you here! I hope that my new blog gives me a bit more space for personal observations. Or as Karl says: “Change is the healthiest way to survive.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayne, I have a problem: I wanted to add your blog 'Suburban Soliloqui' to my blog-list - but Google says always 'Oops - cannot find that address." I will try it tomorrow again.
    And Penny: I can't find your blog - please give me a hint, so I can add it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it with a "y" at the end, Britta. As in suburbansoliloquy.com (Suburban Soliloquy) It might just be the type-o, if you entered it with an "i" at the end. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad that I did manage today!

      Delete
  6. Good tip - but I tried to enter it via my blog-list of Youarewittyandpretty and via "Jayne" - there are two blog-titles - but it may be a temporary disturbance, that happens sometimes, and I try a few hours later again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, now, Coca-Cola as a fashion statement has got to beat all! Now you will learn something about me not many know: The only time I've ever made a fashion statement is here. It's sort of a fun story, and Land's End still carries those swimsuits, I'm proud to say. I love particularly the hot pink, though the blue one is nice, too. You can see it at Lands' End by clicking here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue,
      now that came as a real surprise - and the blue swimsuits looks lovely to your hair colour, though I would prefer the vibrant pink too. To get a company to produce after one's visions is great - and shows your strength. Both swimsuits are lovely - and I'll write to you at once.

      Delete
  8. Oops! Wrong link to Lands' End. The swimsuit I wrote about is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of soda pop of any brand, but I do like unusual accessories, especially if they're functional. Karl sounds like a wise fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Walk2write,
    as you are a woman working to make people healthy I do not wonder about your opinion on soda pops, and I share it.
    For the photos above I had to search for this special "accessory" for a while - it isn't used often. :-) A lot of Karl's sayings are really impressing (and some are haughty) - as in fashion he has a good eye for the world around him.

    ReplyDelete