Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Sunday 2 April 2017

Just Jump!

I always liked the motto of Mr. Disraeli: "Never complain, never explain" -
I will take the secod half of it (never was a complainer).
So: think of Agatha Christie's disappearance for a few days (and honestly: what is a month? These days it flashes past like a few days...)

I found a wonderful little sketch in the great book
           "Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered"
by (beloved) Quentin Blake and John Cassidy (Klutz.com)

It is so useful - not only for drawing,
no: for our whole life!



You are allowed to fill this space (and the page this drawing is printed on is four times larger!) with comments on my absence.
I will read them diligently. (Though I cannot decipher them :-)

And then Í will start to write another post. As if nothing has happened. (Though it has. All is well).

Yes, I decided to jump right in. (Otherwise I might never start again).








6 comments:

  1. Appreciation of any piece of art is within the beholder. The way I feel about it is if you like it it's good. If you don't like it someone else might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Emma, I like the way you describe the reception of art! And yes: there are many ways to appreciate it - and interesting questions about its role in time, culture, and massmedia.

      Delete
  2. I collect books illustrated by Quentin Blake.
    I have missed you. I am glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rachel, thank you! Again we have something in common: I collect his books too! (Outstanding: "The Hermit and The Bear", text by John Yeoman, utterly funny). Luckily I could visit the London exhibition about Blake.

      Delete
  3. I never comment upon your absence because delightful stories come with your renewed company, and you never disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Geo., I am always stunned by and very happy about your comments! You represent for me important qualities like trustworthiness, honesty, empathy (beside a very sharp intellect and aesthetical understanding - show that to Norma, and she will agree!) Upheaval in the last two years, and on the professional side: working on more than 100 TV-series(!) is also a lot to cope with...

      Delete