How many - and don't count the animals in zoos - might there be in Germany, zebras I mean?
(the one above was the somehow unsettling entrance to our hotel room in Aschaffenburg).
To make an educated guess: not many zebras in Germany.
Then, I ask you, how many readers might read my blog? As you all know, I am not too modest regarding my assets, but even I get a bit suspicious when I look at the latest number on my blog-statistics: 44 - I agree easily -
but: "others: 25.219
WHAT??
WHO???
America first, with 3.325, followed by Germany: 2.914, then Singapur, Hongkong and Indonesia -- and so on, and so on.
Must all be German zebras, running wild...
Please write to me about your experience with blog statistics, and how you explain them, and if you believe them. I am very curious what you will tell me!

The statistics are bumped up by ai scraping for content. They're views, not people reading. My own are in the low hundreds routinely, then suddenly they'll double, triple even and I'm pretty sure it's content-scraping
ReplyDeleteDear Boud, that makes sense. I was a bit distrustful but thought: My blog is not so interesting that someone official will watch it. Maybe there are mercantile concerns? But your interpretation gives a new view.
DeleteI certainly believe you have that many views. Just remember that if I check again tomorrow I will probably be counted again. At the risk of sounding like a snob I also believe the Americans are larger in number simply because we are more wasteful with our time. More homes have at least one computer and even more read blogs on their cell phones. On top of all that you have an excellent blog. As to zebras I''ll guess 3500.
ReplyDeleteDear Mimmylynn, thank you, that is great that you have that much confidence in my blog! In Europe we often forget how large America is. But so many views? I wonder.
DeleteThank you for the kind compliment about my blog!
AI tells me that we have 150 - 200 zebras in Germany (almost all of them in zoos) - I also would have estimated more!
Britta, this is exactly what's happening on my blog too.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what's going on, it's definitely not people who read us. We'll find out at some point. Very nice association with the zebras in Germany!!
Dear Katarina, how nice to hear of you again! I might explore a bit deeper about Blogger's statistic - but at the moment we have such a heatwaves that German horses ponder whether they should use a few Zebra-stripes that will give them at least the feeling of cool shadow!
DeleteI don't care about the statistics at all... not even when hiking or cycling—meaning steps or kilometers... though, of course, I do make sure I can always manage the return trip.
ReplyDeleteI love reading other blogs—including yours, dear Britta—
sending you warm regards... don't stress yourself out! Enjoy the summer!
Hugs
Dear Viola, thank you, and yes: you are right. But I wondered...
DeleteAt this time - meaning: now - I have so many other things to think about that I even have difficulties to write another post - but I will, in few words, so I'll do that now.
Enjoy the beautiful weather! Britta