With Courtesy to Mavis Cheek this is now "Mrs Hugel's Country Life" - (Bavarian's Country Life instead of Buzzing through Berlin)

Sunday, 21 June 2026

Equinox 2026, June 21 at 10:54




This photograph of the sun I took exactly at 10:54 - EQUINOX


Enjoy it as we do - melting away in today's "only" 30° Celsius (yesterday 34°) like Fürst Pückler Ice Cream in the sun. 


Dreaming of wonderful Fürst Pückler's Park in Muskau/Muzakowski
(My visit there will make another post...)


PS: The beautiful illustrated book "the Wheel of the YEAR" by Fiona Cook and Jessica Roux is not only a children's book - I enjoy it as much as the triplets.   

 

5 comments:

  1. You have opened new things for me to investigate. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mimmylynn, the book of Fiona Cook shows an interesting way to look at the seasons. Old heathen rites, near to nature (and the Christian Church borrowed quite a lot :-)

      Delete
  2. Yesterday 34c sounds good to me! I love outside coffee shops, along the beach.
    Alas it got to 15c here and I was not at all happy :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Helen, I agree - it is a challenge to remember that you are in a quite different climate zone! No beach here, but woods and meadows, to reach the next coffee shop I have to go by car - and that is hot like a tin box.. so I brew my own :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I miss very much: coffee shops and watching people...

      Delete