Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Tuesday 30 July 2024

Wildflower- bunch of July

 


Just in time to post it - you see: the colour of July flowers is mostly purple, pink and lilac-blue. 

Purple lythrum (or purple loosestrife/willowherb) grows here everywhere at the border of little ditches. Red clover, bloody cranesbill (geranium sanguineum)and pink lady slippers (lotus australis, though I doubt australis) make beautiful eye-candy. 


As I was preoccupied with nursing my lumbago (caught me in Berlin, forced me to stay longer, thus missing my flight to Amsterdam and a week in the Netherlands), I could not post the bunch of June. Here it is: 






  

8 comments:

  1. June's flowers look like a delicate and magical painting. Here there are almost no flowers in the summer, a little yellow. Waiting for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yael, thank you! When I walk through the fields and wood and pluck a few flowers, I always try to arrange them in a certain way. I am glad that you like it. Flowers still are abundant, but one can feel autumn coming nearer.

      Delete
  2. I love your July flowers, happily from the northern hemisphere. They look healthy, colourful and full of optimism. In our part of the southern hemisphere, we have plenty of rain in July (winter) but largely only the jasmine and cyclamen look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Helen, it is always difficult for me to imagine that one part of the world has very different conditions - though two days ago when I looked out of the kitchen window I saw that very light rain (even that is seldom at the moment) had stopped in the middle of the road: one part was wet, the other dry.
      To read that in your part of the world jasmine flowers in winter!

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see red clover in your little bunch of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joanne, I had to "free" your comment out of the spam section. Red clover is so beautiful - I always think of the song "Crimson and clover, over and over" - (Tommy James and the Shondells, never heard another song of them :-)

      Delete
  4. Wildflowers are so pretty. They are usually more delicate than cultivated blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Emma, thank you! Yes, they are delicate, and often have a beautiful fragrance.

    ReplyDelete