Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Saturday 8 October 2022

Rosemary's Butternut Squash Tarte

 


Thank you, dear Rosemary from the blog "Where Five Valley's Meet"  for your lovely recipe! 

In a comment on your blog I wondered whether I would find here in Bavaria a Butternut Squash - but I could capture one (from only two!) in the Supermarket. 

But I was very surprised that I could get no kale - all other ingredients I had or bought. 



I was also surprised that the Butternut Squash has not many pumpkin seeds in it - and though I use all there is from a Hokkaido, I wasn't sure about the squash and peeled it. 

The result was delicious - or, as the Dutch say: "Lekker!" 



And as foreseen: ONE of the triplets tried and liked it! 

The recipe you'll find here: https://wherefivevalleysmeet.blogspot.com 


4 comments:

  1. The recipe looks good and easy. I would have to make my own pastry since we eat a strictly low carb diet. I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mimmylynn, I think that you can use a normal short pastry (done to your preferences) as well. It takes quite a long time to chop all the ingredients - thus I would not add the time-consuming self-preparing off a puff paste!
    Then, if I do it a next time, I might add a bit of "wow" in form of dried apricots to the figs (adding thus a bit of tartness - I do that with Hokkaido-soup too by adding one or two 'more sour' pears).
    I couldn't go to Lidl this time, thus the "soft figs" of Rewe were not very soft or juicy - if I add apricots I would see that I could get juicy dried ones.
    I think this tarte is very nice to serve with a fresh white wine - better than as a full meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Britta - I am so happy to know that you gave the tart a try and delighted that one of the three enjoyed it. She must have a very sophisticated palete for her age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rosemary, I just wanted to show that "I did it" - so often one writes in a comment "I will read this book" or cook the recipe or look at a church - best intentions, but so often something else come in between.
    The sophisticated of the triplets is really astonishing in what she eats, but also in what she chooses for wearing (so she always carries an old Armani-handbag of mine around, knows which special white Mercedes cabrio she wants later (and can show you that on the road) and so on :-)

    ReplyDelete