Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Monday 10 August 2020

A Walk in the Morning

 


Dear You, 

because of the heat I went quite early in the morning -- come to think of it: not THAT early, it's holiday time -- to the wilder part of the dunes here in Noordwijk - and again the mysterious thing happened: 
one is almost alone. 



Of course even then I remain on the paths that are allowed to be walked on. 
Sometimes the sand is thick - that's why today I had a big blister on my right foot: a little grain of sand had dropped into my shoe...  

So this morning for the first time in my life I walked on flip-flops into the village (I bought the second pair in my whole life here to use it - sometimes - on the strand, when the seashells are too pricky and cut into my feet). 
The chemist's offered "Two for one"-packs of blister-protecting plaster, which I bought - hoping that I will not need all of them -  because tomorrow we will visit Delft! 
(And you will not see me with flip-flops there!)



I walked along a little wood with many pineapples on the ground, 


 

saw seabuckthorne that (sadly) no-one will gather to make syrup from 




and at the end of the walk some beautiful houses facing the sea - this one is "Te koop!" - you can buy it 
(I think I can't 😊) 

Well, I love the sight of it, and that is that. 

I wish you a beautiful day - and share with you what I just found out (and maybe million of Chinese before me) that helps me when I am tired at the end of the day because of the heat: 

I drink a cup of hot green tea (which I normally do not like very much - I'm a fan of fine Drajeeling or honest red British brick-brew that you call "English Breakfast Tea", with milk and sugar ). 

Yours Truly, 
Britta

PS: Can anybody tell me how I can watch "preview" on the new blogger? I tick on it - it says: preview will be prepared - and then: nothing happens. 






10 comments:

  1. I have never worn flip flops. I click on preview on the right and it happens. But then I find it difficult to get out of it so I have stopped using it. You have chosen a good time to be staying by the sea Britta. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rachel, the time is good - especially as we get a bit of a breeze.
      Flip-flops are for me too a no-no - but with a blister...walking...
      I tried that on preview too, nothing happens, so I stop that too. xx

      Delete
  2. That house is lovely. It has intriguing form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joanne - I love houses with little turrets, or a bay window.

      Delete
  3. Walking early in the morning among the dunes sounds outstanding. The sea air is refreshing. The sights and sounds of the sea are always enjoyable. I hope your foot heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan - I hope that too - let a lot of air on the big blister...
      And might walk barefoot next time - along the sea.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scenery. I enjoyed the walk. The house is gorgeous. I love a house with character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed you coming with me, dear Emma! That house is so beautiful, with the thatched roof, and a gorgeous sight of the sea - no houses inbetween!

      Delete
  5. I don't understand why preview is not working for you when you click on it - I think blogger must be having an off day as is often the case these days. Tomorrow it will most likely work.
    The buckthorn has its orange berries very early, and I know that there are companies here that make all kinds of things from the berries. Enjoy your day in Delft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rosemary, I do understand the "preview-problem" neither - maybe I'll ask Blogspot.
      I love all kinds of thing one can prepare from buckthorn (they do it especially at the German part of the Baltic Sea).
      Delft was marvellous , thank you!

      Delete