Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Sunday 16 December 2018

A very special demonstration




In Berlin we have lots and lots of demonstrations. It is the democratic right of persons to utter their opinions - and sometimes you see 100 policemen protect a group of five lonely demonstrators, and the people wait - passengers on foot and cars - to go further, and sometimes we are not that full of inner peace as Christmas promises...
"No!" I thought yesterday - "another one! Right in the middle of the highest traffic, right in front of the KaDeWe!"
And than they came: hundreds of Santas and angels on motorbikes -

                             WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT!

I wish you a merry 3. Advent!


13 comments:

  1. You are absolutely correct. A beautiful description of the entire scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne! And Merry Christmas to you, and all the best for your health!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, "merry" it was, Emma. And: Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Ho, ho, ho, santas and angels on motorbikes - what a merry sight to behold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Rosemary - and there were so many that I managed to fumble my cellphone out of the pocket.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha - Love that one! By the way: tried to send you a second sms - last numbers -665 - must be wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha - I think I found out how to be able to write a comment on my macbook! Juchhu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britta... What a joyful, happy parade... Surely brought many smiles and lifted busy hearts! Enjoy your Christmas season and may 2019 cover you and yours with blessings! Smiles and good wishes from America... Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susan, thank you so much! I love the idea that someone in America thinks of me - and you can be sure that someone in Berlin - me - does the same: I think of you and wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. I treasure this special friendship, dear Britta!

      Delete
    3. Me too, Susan - and your last comment is one reason why I will write on. Thank you!

      Delete