Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Friday 1 April 2016

Discrimination in Seat Allocation!

©Brigitta Huegel

Today I jetted over to London. And was a bit shocked. When I wanted to buy tickets for a show in the West End, they told me that I cannot sit together with husband and son. I will be placed in the middle, husband and son have to sit in the last row. Reason: the seat allocation has changed: shorter people are placed at the front, with taller people towards the back.
That might be reasonable for tall people - so it is OK for husband (1.98m) and son (2.02m) - but I with 1.78m suddenly feel so horribly 'avarage'! I'd like to sue. (Discrimination and compensation for personal suffering).
 

17 comments:

  1. I'm sitting in the very first row. :) Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first row - a prominent place! In the cinema I volontarily always go to the last row - then I can sit without the feeling of having to crouch (so that people behind me can watch undisturbed). Greetings Britta x

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this before Britta - demand your money back and with compensation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very odd. I dislike the first row and that is certainly where I'd be placed. Maybe you'll cancel and write a letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pondside :-) Hope my letter will not be Lost in Translation...

      Delete
    2. Very, very naughty!.....but clever! I am ready to believe just about anything!

      Delete
    3. Very, very naughty!.....but clever! I am ready to believe just about anything!

      Delete
    4. Me too, Pondside - I am very credulous. :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma! Normally I do very seldom April jokes.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I found the inspiration on the Guardian, where they told a lot of British jokes - "Big Ben is going digital", haha)

      Delete