Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Monday 5 February 2018

The Last Weeks...


                                     
©Brigitta Huegel


... were filled with learning: Dutch grammar, Dutch vocabulary, Dutch newspapers and Dutch books
(And the after pains of the flu). 
Today at the university we did our written exam, the verbal will follow next week. 
So: 
there was no time for ironing

©Brigitta Huegel


Worse: 
there was no time for creativity! The gouache colours for my birthday (end of December): still not touched! 

But soon life will start to become vibrant and colourful and exotic (and more orderly - that is what I call serenity..
again. 

I feel it. 

©Brigitta Huegel





10 comments:

  1. I am waiting, dear Shawn - at the moment - with my eyes and all my senses open for THE WORLD again - I find a lot exotic. Even in Berlin - and you give me an idea which photo I might show next time .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenity is a wonderful word, that is what i need now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need it, Yael -- and yes:I love that word too - it shines in such a wonderful cool blue light...

      Delete
  3. Good luck with both your written and verbal exam Britta.
    Ironing is not for me - I hang things up carefully in the airing cupboard and very little ironing is then required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary! And ironing: I utterly hate it - put it even in normal times down on the To-Do-list. Though some things need ironing...

      Delete
  4. I know you will do well with your exams. And all those chores will wait patiently for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma - this is the standpoint of reason (and serenity). And yes: they will wait...and grow...

      Delete
  5. You have been battling Dutch syntax, the flu --you astonish me! I have been conversing with a squirrel, and have not done nearly so well. All my best wishes. p.s. My birthday is also in December --I might have known!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geo., and yes: I always feel we are both very near! As to squirrel conversations: that is the domain of my son (honestly).

      Delete