Britta's Letters from her life divided between city-life in German's capital Berlin and life in a Bavarian village

Friday 27 October 2017

Travelling for almost one and a half month,

... but I do not want to bore you, so just follow me on a little photo-tour!

1. The Narrow-Boat-Tour in England,




         ... beautiful and with a lot of exhausting locks:


                  Big fun with many international good friends,
                                                      and culture as in Cambridge and York:



                       ...and breathtaking landscapes:


 



2. Then from a cottage in the Peak District



                        Wonderful trips to gardens, castles and parks,





                           ... and an Edwardian Opera House in Buxton:


3. Then visiting the beautiful Netherlands:




4. Followed by the Book Fair in Frankfurt:



5. and a visit to Darmstadt:


6. and the Allgäu:



Now I am home again in Berlin -
and will tell you of my new adventures soon!





19 comments:

  1. Looks like a marvelous trip. Now you can rest until you go on another adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear Emma: it was wonderful - but you are right: a little (!) rest is needed now. :-)

      Delete
  2. glad you had such a great time, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was - and I have lots and lots of photos, Louise. Sorry we didn't come near London, thus I could not meet you.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And somebody is passing the time knitting!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I am a busy bee, but this was almost a bit much, though lovely.

      Delete
    3. The funny thing is: on the other boat (we had two narrow boats - so many people wanted to join) were to Belgian women, quite young - and they knitted! With huge needles and very thick wool - you could easily see results!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful time you have had Britta galavanting around Europe - you have even been to Derbyshire where I was born, and visited Chatsworth House too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Derbyshire was so beautiful - and you can imagine that I almost swooned seeing all the beauty of the parks, art, and building of Chatsworth House. That day was the top of the cream for me - and the exhibitions there were utterly splendid. (So fine that I might make a blogpost about them).

      Delete
  5. You should have come a little further South and visited me again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked that so much, Tom - but they didn't let me go! There might be another occasion - I hope to see you and Bath again.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! Home is quite restful at the moment, though soon I will have visitors, so preparing starts.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Dear Pondside, I am so glad to hear of you!

      Delete
  8. WOW Britta, you have been busy and what adventures you have been having.
    Lovely photographs ... I love the ones on the narrow boat ... those locks can be challenging sometimes can't they ?!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the locks (especially the very big ones) were trying - and so, so many! The route this time was a bit different from both tours before: the hedges too high, so that on seven days the beautiful English landscape was not that often to be seen. But later in the Peak District (with car) the view was stunning!

      Delete